Real Flower Jewelry’s Orchid Magnetic Brooch is one of our greatest innovations!
We have attached a strong magnet, instead of a conventional bar pin, to the back of the setting. In addition we have supplied another strong magnet, attached to a disc the size of a quarter. This disc makes it easier to handle and less easy to lose. The magnet disc is placed behind the fabric on to which the brooch is to be attached. The brooch is then placed in front of the fabric, over the loose magnet at the back. The two magnets will hold the item very firmly in place. This is far more practical than any conventional pin!
Our Orchid Magnetic Brooch is perfect for these reasons:
- They make no holes in luxury or delicate fabrics or clothing.
- They are very easy to put on or take off – no difficult pinpoints, or bar pins.
- Ideal as gifts to those who are no longer nimble with their fingers, from injury, arthritis or rheumatism.
- Great for those whose eyesight has difficulty in seeing the detail of conventional safety catches.
- Lightweight – no drag on delicate clothing especially in warm climates.
- Tight grip – will not slip or slide on silk.
- Designed to be worn on fabric as thick as the lapel of a jacket or coat.
- Our magnet brooches keep our jewelry tight and flat against the clothing.
- More versatile than conventional bar-pin brooches
- Will hold on lace, where otherwise the holes and delicate weave would prevent a conventional pin from sitting straight.
- Great novelty and attention-getter in gift jewelry
*Caution : Orchid Magnetic Brooch is not to be worn by those using a heart pacemaker.
FOR BEST RESULTS WITH THE ORCHID MAGNETIC BROOCH:
- With one hand hold the brooch by the setting only
- With the other hold the loose magnet by its easy-to-grip disc.
- Place the disc, with the magnet facing forward, behind the clothing just where you wish the brooch to be.
- Then place the brooch over the position of the loose magnet and the two will snap strongly into place.
- On removal, hold each of the two parts as before, and SLIDE them apart, – NEVER PULL! (Yes, pulling is easier, but risks the loose magnet with disc falling and being lost in one’s clothing if not held as recommended)
Read more about the wonderful neodymium magnet here:
Our studios are strategically located right in the heart of the orchid growing area of The Orchid Isle. Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii!
Our creations use only the finest Hawaiian orchids. Each flower undergoes our exclusive and gentle preservative processes.
Our products are unlike any other – made with real flowers they are permanently durable, pliable and practical to wear.
Our Hawaiian orchids are perfect for the following reasons:
- They will not dry out, or wilt
- Shatter resistant
- The permanent fresh cut flower
- Retains vibrant colors, where most flowers change color over time
- Develops a beautiful patina over time
We use mostly dendrobium orchids largely due to their suitable size and strength. Our orchid items are not any conventional form of jewelry or accessory. With every flower item sold we provide guidelines on how to maintain them, keep them clean and best stored when not in use.
- Only handle orchid pieces by setting.
- Store separately and in original box.